LWC member Lori Martin’s kale soup was such a big hit at the annual blood drive that she had to promise to share it with others. However, please keep in mind that Lori uses the following info as a guideline only, and relies on her own instincts for the finished product. We encourage you to do the same.
- 1 cup each chopped onion, celery and carrots
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
Saute together in a little olive oil until soft.
- Chop a package of chicken sausage (chipotle chorizo flavor) and add to pot
- Add 4 qts chicken stock and 2 bay leaves
- Chop 5-6 potatoes and a large bunch of kale and add to the pot
- Simmer together until potatoes are tender.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Add 1 can of cannelini beans.
Serve hot with crusty bread for a healthy hearty meal!